Hairbrush spanking , advice needed.

Thiis is where we dicsuss all aspects of consensual adult spanking in the UK and beyond
Supersub

Hairbrush spanking , advice needed.

Post by Supersub »

Hello good people on BS.
A recent session with a lady saw her break her favourite hairbrush on my poor bottom. Well to be precise , the handle broke off. Now the advice I'm looking for is where is the best place to purchase the good lady a new hairbrush that is ideal for spanking play. I'm sure there are many on here who own the ideal hairbrush for scene play. Any pointers toward online links for purchases or best shops etc would be appreciated. Thanks.
Cally_

Re: Hairbrush spanking , advice needed.

Post by Cally_ »

It depends what you are looking for. A vintage real ebony is a fabulous brush with a great historical vibe. They are getting a little scarce on eBay and some have annoying metal monograms that need to be removed. But a good one is wonderful. I often find myself wondering what the original owners might have looked like and whether the hairbrushes were ever used for ‘our’ purpose.

On a more accessible level, I am very fond of the range of Kent hairbrushes that can be bought at Boots and other places, particularly the series with model numbers starting with ‘PF.’ They are usually made of beech, which is a good hardwood and not too heavy, come in a number of shapes and sizes and many models have nice rubber grips built into the handle. It is very hard to imagine one of them breaking. One drawback is that many of them have the rubber cushion for the bristles and that makes them a bit noisy. Depends if that matters.

One cautionary note. Bamboo has become a very popular material for inexpensive and fashionable hairbrushes. Just like bamboo canes they split and splinter. I wouldn’t touch them.

That’s my take and I’m sure other people will have their favourites.
Supersub

Post by Supersub »

Thanks Cally, I knew you would come good with an answer 😊. I will take a look especially at the Boots ones you mentioned.
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

Supersub wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:09 am Thanks Cally, I knew you would come good with an answer 😊. I will take a look especially at the Boots ones you mentioned.
You are most welcome. The Kent range is just a personal favourite and I find that they are very good quality without being hideously expensive. But there will be plenty of alternatives. Good luck in your search 👀
cassie darling

Post by cassie darling »

Cally_ wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:53 pm many models have nice rubber grips built into the handle. It is very hard to imagine one of them breaking. One drawback is that many of them have the rubber cushion for the bristles and that makes them a bit noisy.
You could see if you can remove the brush part to play then replace it to camouflage it again. Or just make sure you have either the type of neighbours who play loud music on one or both sides. 🤣
Cally_

Post by Cally_ »

cassie darling wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:11 pm
Cally_ wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:53 pm many models have nice rubber grips built into the handle. It is very hard to imagine one of them breaking. One drawback is that many of them have the rubber cushion for the bristles and that makes them a bit noisy.
You could see if you can remove the brush part to play then replace it to camouflage it again. Or just make sure you have either the type of neighbours who play loud music on one or both sides. 🤣
The cushion is well and truly embedded inside the wooden part. If it were removed it would be rather a strange looking paddle with a large hollow and probably dried glue. Not a good look, I’d say.
Supersub

Post by Supersub »

cassie darling wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:11 pm
Thanks Cassie, my DIY skills are such that I would probably make a worse mess of the brush and finish up in even more trouble !!! 🙄
galahadtp58

Post by galahadtp58 »

I was walking round a large Tesco's today and would you believe it, they have a large hairbrush called the Paddle brush. lol couldn't resist talking a photo.
Supersub

Post by Supersub »

galahadtp58 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:50 pm I was walking round a large Tesco's today and would you believe it, they have a large hairbrush called the Paddle brush. lol couldn't resist talking a photo.
That could make my next trip to Tesco's a bit more interesting then 🤔😄
cassie darling

Post by cassie darling »

Erm after further research

After further research - well ok I have seen a couple of YouTube videos ( shout out to Princess Kelly) a lot of wooden hairbrushes are actually bamboo and like using it as a cane, the risk is it cracking or breaking and leaving the person on the oucher end of the hairbrush could end up having a potentially embarrassing problem of splinters in the ouch area.

She recommended Kent brushes for good quality wooden brushes
https://kentbrushes.com/

and a bath-brush from Boots

https://www.boots.com/botanics-long-han ... h-10145225.

I hope this further info helps.

Xxx
cassie